Now I'm going to see my elder brother who is in hospital.
I’m sure that I will get nominated.
She insists on refusing my request.
I’m pleased to receive your invitation.
It takes me five days to go home by sea.
I think it is my duty to do it.
The climate here is warmer than that in Peking.
I am quite willing to help you with anything.
He has no other hopes but being rich.
He knows to withdraw before difficulties.
11. 一个普通的信都不会写的人 ，是不能胜任这样重要的职务的。[PS:一封信,而不是一”个”!]
One who can not even write an ordinary letter is not equal to such an important position.
As you see, life is often assimilated to voyage.
Learning is our own business, we can not rely on others while learning. Good surroundings, sufficient reference books and equipments, guidance and enlightenment from good teachers and helpful friends, all these are surely of great help to our learning. But they do not decisively contribute to one’s success in learning. There are a fair number of people who achieve a lot in studying but go without the above mentioned conditions. The most important factor to success in studying is still personal efforts. Studying is a hard work. Many people fail to bear the unavoidable toil, so they can not access to success.
1. She will make you a good wife.
2. She does credit to the educational system pursued here.
3. They made an example of the boy.
4. We found them at table.
5. He is ignorant to a proverb.
6. He was worn out with company.
7. It is the Man behind the gun that tells.
8. If any of my children wanted to do such a thing, I certainly would stand in their way.
9. I would rather have his room than his company.
10. Men of millions are possessed with the idea.
11. I met a woman with child when I came home.
12. That women are bad drivers is open to question.
13. This chapter examines the present communications system infrastructure and focuses on the major problems that are associated with using the current technology. In so doing, a case is made for the need to implement new communications technologies to overcome deficiencies of the current technologies.
1. In general, the more remote a thing seems in time, the less its reality, and with this goes naturally the assumption of its relatively sharp separation from anything concerning our personal lives.
2. Sugden, a geologist at the University of Edinburgh, was trying to date an ancient volcanic eruption in East Antarctica when he and his colleague uncovered the old ice. They were in Beacon valley, a boulder filled area between glaciers, collecting volcanic ash from a seven-foot deep, V-shaped fissure in rock. Using radiometric dating methods, Sugden determined that the ash settled into the fissure after a volcanic eruption 8.1 million years ago.
3. As a result, people and organizations continually crave more information and the entire system begins to pulse with higher and higher flows of data. By forcing up the amount of information needed for the social system to cohere, and the speeds at which it must be exchanged, The Third Wave shatters the framework of obsolete, overloaded Second Wave info sphere and constructs a new one to take its place.
4. So long as we think of them as isolated changes and miss this larger significance, we cannot design a coherent, effective response to them. As individuals, our personal decisions remain aimless or self-canceling. As governments, we stumble from crisis to crash program, lurching into the future without plan, without hope, without vision.
5. This chapter examines the present communications system infrastructure and focuses on the major problems that are associated with using the current technology. In so doing, a case is made for the need to implement new communications technologies to overcome deficiencies of the current technologies.
6. We must say that we can not recommend this book too strongly. As you know, noise is a subject that cannot be overemphasized in the field of communications.
7. John is not rich, he live in a small way near the coast.
8. I was forbidden to see him, still more to talk to him.
9. There are few books but have a misprint or two, but this book is anything but perfect.
10. The farmer thinks that it is good to break ground for his new house in 2 or 3 days, but his wife thinks that they has no grounds for doing it so urgently.
Tu Fu, born to be a broad-minded man, was constantly concerned with the destiny of his country and compatriots, as well as everything in the world. In addition, his incomparable artistic skills make his works have universal and eternal luster. Today, we still owe thanks to his presents belonging to the whole world even if 1200 years have passed after his death.
If a man wants to create first-rate literature, he must master his language profoundly and be able to express what he wants to very well first, let alone other prerequisite.
He is smart and he can surely see that the most invited are merely coming for the meal and that some of them are foolish and some are wimps.
Perhaps you are gifted with the talents of Franklin D. Roosevelt and the wisdom of Newton, and perhaps you are more capable than them. Then, what you need to do is to display them.
He is my close friend, so I rejoiced at meeting him again after a long separation.
He gave me a check for 500 dollars.
Ignorance and negligence result in the mistake.
Who knows but it may be so.
A bit of knowledge kept me from making big mistakes when important problems were to be decided.
Marco Polo was born in 1254 into a Venetian merchant family.